Beyonce's Mum And Other Celebs Who Found Love After 40

Tina Knowles

Beyonce just shared this lovely wedding photo of her mom Tina Knowles, 61, and her longtime love Richard Lawson, 67, who tied the knot in Newport Beach, California over the weekend. The couple exchanged vows on a 140-ft yacht, reports the Daily News. The Carters and daughter Blue Ivy were in attendance.


Tina Knowles
KIM Cole
This week, Living Single star Kim Coles announced via Facebook that she's happily engaged to a wonderful man named Reggie Mckiver. She took advantage of the moment to speak out against one of the most common stereotypes about Black woman and love: "I am 53 years old and we are not supposed to get married after what 20, 25, 30 maybe? Yeah… that’s not true," she wrote. "I’ve never thought any of those rules applied to me and those rules don’t apply to you either.”

Janet Jackson

Janet shocked the world when she announced she married her third husband, Quatari billionaire Wissam Al Mana, at age 46 and she did it all "Because Of Love."
 

Halle Berry

Halle Berry met French actor Olivier Martinez in 2010 while filming in South Africa. They married in 2013, her third marriage, and now have a son together, Maceo.

Gabrielle Union

Gabrielle Union was 42 when she married NBA star Dwayne Wade in 2014. Next on her to-do list: have some babies! “I think my brain and my heart is screaming baby fever. My ovaries, however, they’re coughing up dust,” she told Uptown Magazine.. "Yes, it’s in my heart and my mind, and we’ll see if my body catches up with that.”

Nicey Nash

Forty one-years-old and divorced with three kids, Nicey Nash became engaged to Jay Tucker in 2010. They were married in May 2011. Now, Nicey has her own book, It's Hard to Fight Naked, about keeping things hot in your relationship.
 After two years of dating, 50-year-old Vanessa Williams got engaged to Jim Skrip..
.essence.com

Comments